WHERE WE ARE
- As per latest study, India Posses 18.5 million slaves out of 45 million slaves in the world. Slaves means person forced to work in begging to sex trade. India share 20.6% of world poorest or out of 872.3 million poor in the world. India carries 179.6 million. 60% of India’s children below 3 years are malnourished or one in every three malnourished children in the world live in India.
- One out of Three of all adult women in India are underweight with low immune defense mechanism mainly due to malnutrition. Malnutrition is a major causes for the high prevalance of infectious and communicable disease like Diarrhea, Fileriasis, Leptospirosis, Malaria, Typhoid, Dysentery and which contribute innumerable health hazards in India. 27% of world‘s starving population live in India. 122million household in India have no toilet or 33% of population lack access to safe, usable , clean or hygiene latrine facility.
- Over 50% of India ‘s population or approximately 638 million people in the country defecate in open , 80% of families in rural India leaves their stool in open air or throw it in the garbage Open air defecation leads to the wide spread of disease and malnutrition through parasite and bacterial infection. 1.72 million Children die every year even before they attain one year due to malnutrition or various diseases connected with malnutrition. Several million people suffer from multiple episodes of diarrhea, and many more fall ill due to Hepatitis A, Enteric Fever, Intestinal Worm, Eye and Skin infection, due to personal unhygienic and unsafe drinking water.
- Over two million children die every year due to early childhood diseases, inadequate newborn care or other easly preventable infection disease. Non adequate, Insufficient or inefficient maintenance of environment around water source, ground water pollution, arsenic and fluoride in drinking water pose a major threat to our health. India have the world ‘s highest incidence of Rabbis due to lack of effective laws or outdated legal provisions and regulations.
- Campared to many developing countries in the world , prevalence of maternal death is high in India. Very few women have access to skilled birth Attendees and very few get pre natal and ante natal care. Malnutrition is the main cause of women health issue in India and the maternal mortality rate in rural India is one of the highest in the world Sixty eight percent of Indian population lives in rural area and 50% among them are living below poverty line Postpartum maternal illness is a serious problem in poor setting area and which continue to contributes maternal mortality all over the country particularly in rural India.
- Apart from above, our country bears large number of physically handicapped and mentally retarded people. To add the agony further, millions of children die before they attain an age of five owing to poverty, malnutrition, or other easily curable or preventable diseases. The number of orphans and abandoned are rising day by day owing to fighting between family members or murder directly or indirectly connected with the continuous or excess use of liquor or other intoxicants, communal riots, arson , looting, physical assault, sexual abuse or harassment , or other social , communal or natural calamities.